Kamis, 04 September 2014

I made another set of RWBY weapons for Sushimonster. This time it was on the villain's side, but it was just as fun all the same. This was the first time I had moving parts on a prop, so it was a little bit of an adventure. In all honesty there were sacrifices made to the aesthetics due to time constraints and the mechanism, but all in all it was a good learning experience. 

References I was given. Scaled it according to this model from the show. Wound up making it just a tiny bit bigger though just for safety.



Used a PVC pipe for the cylinder. Socketed a smaller PVC pipe into the cylinder for the barrel. Drilled holes to give the cylinder details for the bullet chambers.


Assembled the barrel, cylinder, stock and forward grip from PVC foam.


Started putting together the blade section from PVC foam. Made it from a flat piece then closed it off like a box. The scythe tip would slide into the blade section on the part mounted to the gun itself. 


Support struts made for the scythe blade edge.


Glued covers to support struts to give the scythe edge.


Tested the scythe base of the blade with the barrel section. Hinged with some strange plastic rod. I just know it was in the scrap bin and is incredibly hard.


Put all the pieces together and added details.


Gun is designed to swing open, then the user adds the scythe tip later. 



Painted with spray paint


Sushimonster went out to do a shoot! Looks great! They held up during RTX and were able to remain open or closed even within the huge crowds of the con. Thanks for



0 komentar:

Posting Komentar