Selasa, 20 Januari 2015

Akame was legitimately a labor of love. I started posting characters I just ADORE on my personal Facebook page that I wanted to work on. Characters that I could never cosplay due to all of them being female. Jane stepped up to be the first of my models. Brave girl. What a brave girl.

Here are the references I worked from.









Went online and found a picture of a katana in order to guarantee a perfect curve on the sword blade. I didn't trust the vector of the Murasame that I found.





Also had a little helper in the shop that day! She learned a lot!



Started the sword with a plywood sheet. Drew the pattern onto the sheet.



Cut out the blade blank.



Sheath is made as a box around the blade blank. Same plywood is used for the side walls. 1mm PVC is added as well to get a 1mm clearance to account for the fabric added later.





Glued 6mm PVC to the wood+PVC walls enclosing the sheath. Added cloth to the PVC to help mitigate paint wear on the blade.



Sheath starts off with a square cross section. Looks super ugly.



Ground down the edges with an angle grinder then smoothed out more so with the orbital sander. Oval cross section achieved.





Added handle (not pictured) with 3mm PVC as well as cross guard. Details added with 3mm PVC and cleaned up the seams with bondo.





Armor made from 2 separate plates of 3mm PVC to achieve the super textured design. Added battle damage later.



The result of 1 day worth of work.



Jane finished the painting and clean up on her own then debuted it at ALA 2015! So happy to get one of my waifu cosplays out the door. It was surprisingly satisfying to express my creative energy and love for Akame in this fashion and I hope to do more waifu projects in the future!


Jwai Design 


Indieglue

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar